What is delivery service insurance?
Delivery service insurance gives you the insurance you need to make deliveries with your van as part of your job. Delivery courier insurance is specifically designed to help drivers who make single or multiple site deliveries as part of their work, something that isn’t ordinarily covered with traditional van insurance.
With delivery service insurance you’re covered to make the drops you need to make and because it’s a short term policy, you only pay for the cover you need. From just 1 hour up to 28 days at a time, you can find that cover that suits your situation.
What does delivery service insurance cover?
With delivery service insurance from Tempcover, you get fully comprehensive cover as standard. This means that should you be involved in an accident, any damage to you, your vehicle or any third parties is covered.
How does delivery service insurance from Tempcover work?
Getting delivery insurance from Tempcover is incredibly quick and easy – just follow these three simple steps.
1. Enter a few basic details about the delivery driver and the van you want to insure
2. Receive your quote from our panel of insurers
3. Once you’re ready, simply pay for your policy and you’re covered
Once you’ve purchased your policy, all the documents you need are emailed to you straight away, so you can get on the road as soon as possible.
With short term cover, there are no long-term contracts and you’re not tied in to anything. Need cover again? Simply follow the same three simple steps again and get another policy.
Can I get delivery service insurance from Tempcover?
We work with a panel of insurers to ensure we can provide cover to a wide range of delivery drivers. While each insurer has its own acceptance criteria, you can expect to get a quote for delivery insurance if you are:
- Aged 21 to 69 years old
- A full UK or EU Licence holder (minimum 1 year)
- A permanent UK resident
- A driver who has not been disqualified from driving for the last 2 years
- A driver who has no more than 6 licence points in the last 2 years
- A driver who has had no more than 1 fault claim in the last 3 years
- A driver who has no criminal convictions
- A driver who has not had a previous policy of insurance declared void by an insurer
The van or commercial vehicle you want to insure must also be:
- Valued between £1,500 and £40,000
- Weigh no more than 3.5 tonnes
- Used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes or for your business including the carriage of goods for hire and reward purposes
- Be taxed (unless you are using the insurance policy to obtain tax for the vehicle immediately after purchase)
- Not modified in any way except for the addition of manufacturer’s optional extras; signage, roof racks, ply lining or interior storage etc. and those designed to aid disabled drivers
Why choose Tempcover for delivery service insurance
There is a whole range of reasons to choose Tempcover for your delivery service insurance, including:
Unbelievably Quick Cover – get a quote online at any time in just 90 seconds
True Value – only pay for the time you need with our flexible policy durations
Wide Range of Cover – whether you’re moving furniture, working as a delivery driver or just need a temporary option for your insurance, we provide cover for a wide range of everyday needs
Protected No Claims – as separate, standalone cover, your No Claims Discount won’t be affected
Excellent Rated Service – We have over 25,000 reviews on the customer review website TrustPilot with a current score of 4.6/5